cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone broken need help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a LG Nexus 4 in contract for just over 5 months now and was having problems with the device overheating 2 days ago the phone overheated and the battery acid started leaking out of the the gaps in the phone. I live in a house with pets and young children so I throw the phone in the bin to prevent the acid from getting on any surfaces. I realise now that this was a bad idea but I'm now without my contract phone and I don't know what I can do about getting a replacement and what the terms are of getting one.Any help would be welcome.
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You need to get your phone out the bin and send it off for repair, unless you have insurance (house?) which covers a lost phone....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You need to get your phone out the bin and send it off for repair, unless you have insurance (house?) which covers a lost phone....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
So if I send the phone off and it is found as faulty will I get the phone replaced free or will I have to pay any fees. Thanks for your fast reply
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Faulty within warranty: Free.

Faulty due to damage (ie. your fault potentially): Either chargeable repair or beyond repair. This is when you want to look at your insurance options.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If the original fault was due to water damage or unauthorised repairs you would be responsible for cost of repair. If just a "fault" your warranty will cover it...

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you send it to o2 they will probberley Lie and say you damaged it even if you didn't just to get out of a repair

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you send it to o2 they will probberley Lie and say you damaged it even if you didn't just to get out of a repair

Anovo deal with repairs, so O2 have no input really in the decision making, this means they can't try wriggle out of fixing a phone free of charge.

Anovo's honesty however is another matter for debate...

Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that but o2 must be happy with them so they do have a say really if enough people complain they should change their contractors

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed.

Look at the courier services O2 use - customer input made O2 reassess who they use and for what purposes.

If there are issues with repairs and Anovo's honesty, I think customers should definitely make O2 aware of their concerns.

I deal with repairs a lot and can say that for the most part, Anovo tend to do a good job with most customers. However, I also see the bad side of it through customers and through this forum.

I believe store advisors should be able to do more thorough checks on handsets before sending them off as this means that customers aren't having their time wasted or doubting the decisions made by engineers when they aren't present.

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds sensible

Message 10 of 10