cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharging

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I noticed today when looking at My 02 that my recent charges showed £0.50 balance.  This surprised me as I had sent one message to a friend in Australia, so I called o2 to ask why I had been charged 50p for one message.  I was informed that a text message to Australia would cost me 13p and apparently I had sent 3 quite lengthy ones.  I know for a fact that I only sent one message and firmly conveyed this to the advisor.  She went off to investigate and returned only to tell me that yes I had only sent one message and it was an overcharge BUT this would have been rectified before my next bill even if I had not called today. Why would this happen?

I am slightly concerned and await my bill later in the month to see if the charge has been deducted!  I was assured it would be but I have lost confidence in 02  and each time I call 02 I speak to a  different advisor and the advise is usually conflicting.

How many customers  don't even bother to check their bills thoroughly; this is probably happening quite often; customers being overcharged and don't even know it

R

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, according to o2 website texts to australia cost 17p each, I would make sure to check the bill to see if charge has been corrected as they have been know to get things wrong or give the wrong information. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, according to o2 website texts to australia cost 17p each, I would make sure to check the bill to see if charge has been corrected as they have been know to get things wrong or give the wrong information. 

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

That is odd ad i was told it was 17p!!! I will contact them again.

Many thanks

Message 3 of 3