Did you mean: 

Oneplus visual voicemail

RedBaron
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,
I was told that O2 supports Visual Voicemail on Android phones but I have not been able to enable it on my OnePlus 7 Pro.
Followed the guide: installed google phone app from play store but there is no voicemail tab and in settings-voicemail there is no switch to enable visual voicemail.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35758 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

The 7 Pro was never offered directly by O2, so may be part of the problem. 

Have you checked the OnePlus forums, @RedBaron?

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/no-more-o2-for-oneplus-in-the-uk.1086714/

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@RedBaron 

Only android phones supported by O2 currently are the Pixel range.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

RedBaron
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have checked the forums, there is almost no information about visual voicemail support for android phones. The link you sent me has absolutely nothing to do with visual voicemail, just about o2 shop... not helpful at all.
Message 4 of 8

RedBaron
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I asked via chat to an O2 support agent, and they told me visual voicemail was supported on Oneplus android phones. That was the whole point on migrating to o2 (besides volte and vowifi).
And now that I finally got the sim, it does not work. So now I am just trying to get someone from O2 technical team to answer the question, as advised by another chat I just had with an O2 support agent, as they told me this forum was the only way to get in touch with them.
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@RedBaron 

VoLTE and WiFi calling works fine, but VVM does not on OP devices.

Live chat are only any good for telling you the time of day and have sold you a bum steer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

RedBaron
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am afraid you may be right @MI5... will try to speak with someone from technical support if possible.
I have read that they were planning to give VVM support to other phones besides the Pixel range, we'll see...
In the meantime I will use the HulloMail app.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@RedBaron 

They have been saying they will introduce it to other devices for the last 2 years (since the Pixel was supported) but nothing has happened so far.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8