Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number not transferred

Bob_Cowen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have moved onto O2 yesterday from Three. Buying a new Galaxy 23 FE in the process. Despite completing all the required steps, including PAC code, the phone is persisting with a new number. I have rebooted twice. Phoned 202 but get cut off. I have Whatsapp working on old number and Gmail is OK. What am I missing?

Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7873 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1646 Solutions

O2 are slow moving numbers

Has you old service on the other network disconnected yet? That will happen first.

You are supposed to get a text giving you the date of transfer.

Yesterday was Sunday when nothing happens so I would suggest tomorrow or Wednesday 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12610 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

When the PAC is accepted correctly @Bob_Cowen you should get a text to the number you want to keep confirming the date the number is going to move. If you have not had that then I think there has been an error somewhere. If you gave o2 the PAC when signing up, it may have been lost (o2 are terrible at processing PACs when joining).

Try following the process in the guide below:

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7873 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1646 Solutions

O2 are slow moving numbers

Has you old service on the other network disconnected yet? That will happen first.

You are supposed to get a text giving you the date of transfer.

Yesterday was Sunday when nothing happens so I would suggest tomorrow or Wednesday 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

Bob_Cowen
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks gmarkj. I will be patient and wait two more days.

Message 4 of 4