cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 promised to unlatch phone just to sell the contract and phone but did not unlatched

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I bought the phone Samsung s3 on 6th Jan 2013 from O2.

(I recently lost my phone and I needed phone. My husband contract ended so thought to go for o2. He is with other network currently).

I contacted tele sales on 08442 020202. I told him my requirement for phone. He was very good sales man and lied to me that your phone will be unlatched within 24 hrs (which O2 customer care says 10days). I got the code for unlatching on 7th Jan itself however I got my phone on 10th Jan. When I tried code it did not work. I called customer care on 11th for unlocking, She said that it will will take 10 working days and it has not been requested as well. I said then please do it.

I got the email from o2 on 13th with unlatching code it was the same code which I received earlier from Sales Man. I tried again but did not work. I sent him email he called me (as i do not have his number) and asked me to try in many ways but it did not work. Then he said that i have escalated this to Samsung and waiting for their response. I kept waiting then sales man never called me however after sending email he responded on 16th that still waiting. On 17th he called and mentioned that looks like something is wrong with phone may be but we are still checking. Later I emailed him that can you please swap the phone if it has problem. He replied no we do not replace phones.

Then I called to customer care on 17th evening and spoke to one of the floor manager she said to wait untill Monday (21st Jan) and promised me to call me on monday afternoon as her shift starts at 1 PM. Also she mentioned that it happens that sometimes phone does not get unlatched then we swap the phone. If you want it to be unlatched we have to listen to the call as we dot not promise to unlatch but I will do anything to get it fixed if it was mentioned during call. (I have an email confirmation as well)

I waited but she did not call then I dialed on 21st evening to customer care and spoke to floor manager he said that other person is dealing with this so i will get her to dial you tomorrow or I will call you at 2 pm. I waited but no one contacted again.

I called this morning to customer care to cancel the contract but they said that it is not possible. I had loads of argument then they said to go to the store and ask staff to try it.

I went to the store, he tried to unlock the phone but it did not work. Then I requested to call to customer care. He spoke with them for long and was playing with my phone as well. Also looks like he blocked the phone as well not sure how.

After disconecting the phone he said that this is a samsung issue and we cannot do anything. I said but you have provided the phone so you should fix it. He said we give the network service which you are able to use. Then I said if it will not be fixed then i will cancell the contract. He said ask the person to cancel who sold you the mobile or write a complain. I said you guys have promised me to unlatch and now not doing anything to help me ( Had big argument). Then he humiliated me saying that why did not you bought the phone from outside which was unlatched or from your current network provider.

I was speechless because I bought the contract from O2.

When I tried to chat with complaint advisor he said that we have replaced the phone on 7th already and we will not do anything. If you want your contract to be cancelled you have to pay £588.23.

However they never gave me replacement phone. They issued my single phone on 7th january and I cannot reach to the guy who sold me phone. I have sent him as well email but had no response. I dialed to the saled team and checked if i can talk then someone said that he sits here I will ask him to call you back (but he did not).

I feel like crying as I am not able to use my number I spent money and now I cannot cancel. My husband gave notice to his current contract and got the pack code as well which will expire nrxt week.

I do not know what to do. I am not able to concentrate on work and people are making fun about it 😞

I never thought that o2 will give me so much stress just to have a service.

Please help.

Thanks

Shalini

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/location/supportServiceLocation.do?page=SERVICE.LOCATION
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I already told you last time you posted about this to stop entering the incorrect code or else the phone will be blocked..... Only a Samsung service centre can help you with this now so you need to contact Samsung directly about the issue.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 tried to contact them many times. They gave the same code again and again. I tried only when O2 people asked me to try!

Do you know samsung customer care contact?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/location/supportServiceLocation.do?page=SERVICE.LOCATION

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4