Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 4 saga.

chriswp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Disgusted isn't the word. It started last week when I tried to upgrade on refresh for the new Note 4. Even though it was supposed to be released on the 17th the online shop only said ''coming soon''. Went on live chat and I was assured that it was in stock and I could order. Still couldn't order it, so phoned 202....45 minutes later the call cut off. So after a few days of trying I managed to order it online yesterday and was informed the phone would arrive today, so I took the day off work and waited and waited and waited. Went on live chat and was told that when I ordered, even though my order was taken, the phone was out of stock..... so why didn't the system tell me this instead of telling me it would be delivered tomorrow? Now I'm told its back in stock and will be delivered in the next 24 to 48 hours meaning I have to take another day off work, but which day do I take off?

Did some searching online on this company and it doesn't make good reading, they appear to be a complete cluster**bleep** when it comes to customer service, orders etc. Depending on what happens in the next few days I may well be cancelling completely and going elsewhere. 

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

But until Trading Standards investigate them, it will continue.

I'll bet only a handful of customers have contacted their local Trading Standards Office asking them to investigate.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 41 of 55

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
Did anyone actually think it would be any different to the Z3 or iPhone launch.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 55

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Did anyone actually think it would be any different to the Z3 or iPhone launch.....?

bad

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 43 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I upgraded Tuesday and after being told the white was out of stock when i first called that morning when i called later in the afternoon to order the black. (This time I was offered the white or black but decided to stick with the black) an hour later I got a text to say it was out of stock and was expected to be back in on fri. Spoke on chat yesterday and they said it won't be in stock until mon so I won't get it until Tuesday. O2 are basically processing orders pretending they have stock then texting later to say they don't and that we have to wait. It's disgusting!

Thats what i've been waiting to hear.  Yet again more broken promises.  I'm not trusting o2 any more.  I'm cancelling my order today cos i can't afford the white note 4's to not turn up monday.  I'm going to carphone warehouse monday instead cos i know i can definitely walk out with 1.  I'm wanting the phone to take on holiday next weekend.

Message 44 of 55

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wanting the phone to take on holiday next weekend.

The exact reason I got it from Samsung direct.

Message 45 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous There's a slim chance they will even deliver on monday.

just had a 38 min long chat at O2 during which my order have gone from monday delivery to error in system to expect shipment from Samsung to O2 on Monday with delay up to 5 days so, Yeah!

Message 46 of 55

chriswp
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This how you do it o2...take note (good pun eh?)

After cancelling my upgrade I went on the Carphone Warehouse website and ordered a sim free Note 4. In stock and payment accepted they said allow for 3 days to be able to collect from store of my choice. That was Saturday. On Sunday I get a text saying its been despatched with an email with a DPD tracking number. Checked Monday morning, today, and its been delivered to the store. Hop on the tube and I picked it up an hour ago and its next to me charging up. Great service and I have learn't never to upgrade with o2 again. 

Message 47 of 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice one.....glad you've got your awesome new phone!!

Message 48 of 55

Cleoriff
  • 123159 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@chriswp wrote:

This how you do it o2...take note (good pun eh?)

After cancelling my upgrade I went on the Carphone Warehouse website and ordered a sim free Note 4. In stock and payment accepted they said allow for 3 days to be able to collect from store of my choice. That was Saturday. On Sunday I get a text saying its been despatched with an email with a DPD tracking number. Checked Monday morning, today, and its been delivered to the store. Hop on the tube and I picked it up an hour ago and its next to me charging up. Great service and I have learn't never to upgrade with o2 again. 

Brilliant...well done...others please take 'Note'...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 55

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Well done Chris, beats me why anyone would wait for O2 these days. They seem to be at the bottom of all the manufacturers supply list.

Message 50 of 55