Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 20 / 20Ultra pre order thread.

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Who has bitten after the unpacking event?

I have a White N20U with the buds live on order.

Was hoping they would somehow work their magic and fit a spen into the fold2, but alas the N20U will have to do.

Not had a white phone since my beast of a Galaxy S3LTE.
unnamed
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

BOSSGOGG
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
No one pre ordered yet?
No love for the Note beast?
unnamed
Message 2 of 48

dlt1972
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not much of an upgrade to my Note 10+ really. Was quite disappointed with the event.

Message 3 of 48

BOSSGOGG
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Aye, just the bigger battery, bigger screen, higher refresh rate and touch sampling, newer ( don't get me started on the 990 ) processor, faster storage, UWB, wireless DEX etc etc.

Even the small on paper differences with a note are always larger than the sum of its parts. Roll on the 21st.
unnamed
Message 4 of 48

Rbarkley82
Level 4: Observant
  • 169 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive preordered the N20 Ultra in the Mystic Bronze... fancied something different as opposed to the usual white and black - although the white would be my next choice...

Dont know whether to go with the buds or gaming bundle. Will decide when the phone arrives.

Message 5 of 48

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@BOSSGOGG wrote:
Aye, just the bigger battery, bigger screen, higher refresh rate and touch sampling, newer ( don't get me started on the 990 ) processor, faster storage, UWB, wireless DEX etc etc.

Even the small on paper differences with a note are always larger than the sum of its parts. Roll on the 21st.

Do you think that the issues with the Exynos processor will have been resolved then @BOSSGOGG ?

Seen so many people raising issues with the one in the S20 (over heating, stuttering, etc).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 48

BOSSGOGG
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
@gmarkj

Not sure it will be "fixed" as it's exactly the same Soc. That said the Note is always a more mature, less problematic device every year.
Every year there are the same complaints about the UK "S". I have never had any of those issues with any of the Notes. ( I have owned every S up to the 8+ and tbh didn't have any issues with those either)
unnamed
Message 7 of 48

Rbarkley82
Level 4: Observant
  • 169 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I read somewhere that the exynos 990 has been 'tweaked' for the note 20 and benchmarks apparently show this... I'll see if I can find the link for it.
Message 8 of 48

Rbarkley82
  • 169 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

BOSSGOGG
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Oh we have some movement! 😁.

Email from courier, N20U due tomorrow. Maybe for the first time since my Note 7 Fireball Edition it shall arrive a little early.

Anyone else expecting?
unnamed
Message 10 of 48