cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network SIM Unlock Code Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just cancelled my contract to go with Three and transferred my old number to new sim. I then found out my Samsung Galaxy S6 was locked to O2 network and needed a SIM network unlock code.

The first one I was emailed I tried but it kept coming up unsuccessful. I have spoken to at least 6 different agents who have all told me different things (which I have all saved).

I have been sent the same wrong code twice, been told samsung need to give me code, samsung are saying o2 need to give me code.

This is getting really out of hand as it is going on a lot longer than it should.

Can anyone help me out with getting this phone network free?

Thanks
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes this is what Samsung said:

Marjorie
16:08:52Thank you, please stay connected.
16:14:12Thank you for waiting, Laura. I have just checked, about the MCK code it can be provided by the network provider. The phone are manufactured based on the network providers and they will create a unique code identifiers on each devices.
16:14:40We recommend to contact your network provider as they will be able to provide you those code to unlock your device.
Laura Furze
16:15:23Okay so it is definitely my network provider who has the MCK code?
Marjorie
16:15:25Yes, that is correct, Laura.

The first thing LIVE CHAT told me to do there was go into a store which I done earlier and was told they couldn't help me.

I am going to just push o2 for a replacement even though I am out of contract and warranty as the phone is clearly faulty if I cannot get it unlocked from o2. It is not my responsibilty to sell on a locked phone that was nothing to do with me. They created the mess they can fix it.

Message 21 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I hope they know but I fear this is beyond their normal capabilities!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats why all I can hope is the complaint email gets them replacing the phone or reimbursing me for the total cost of the phone I paid over the 24 month contract.

I asked them one simple task, how do I unlock my phone to use a different network and they have given me 7 different ways, 3 companies and running back and forward.
Message 23 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It may need escalating to tech support or they might ask you to send it in to be looked at.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
The live chat has escalated it to a team that will get back to me within 48 hours. So I will be awaiting reply for them and complaints team.

In the meantime I guess I will just need to cancel my THREE sim contract as I only get a 14 day cooling period and don't want to tie into a 12 month contract without a phone 😞
Message 25 of 26

BlakesHeaven
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was this ever resolved?

Message 26 of 26