cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network SIM Unlock Code Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just cancelled my contract to go with Three and transferred my old number to new sim. I then found out my Samsung Galaxy S6 was locked to O2 network and needed a SIM network unlock code.

The first one I was emailed I tried but it kept coming up unsuccessful. I have spoken to at least 6 different agents who have all told me different things (which I have all saved).

I have been sent the same wrong code twice, been told samsung need to give me code, samsung are saying o2 need to give me code.

This is getting really out of hand as it is going on a lot longer than it should.

Can anyone help me out with getting this phone network free?

Thanks
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The process is described here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
If it's not an O2 phone they won't be able to do it.
If it came from Carphone Warehouse it shouldn't be locked.
Where did you get the phone and has it ever been changed on insurance?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is an o2 phone and I got it from o2 shop. The only helpful person told me I need an MCK unfreeze code first.. Then put in the code they keep giving me.

How can I get MCK code.
Message 3 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've no idea what an MCK code is ?
All you need to do is put a non O2 sim in the phone and when prompted, enter the unlock code you have been given.
You only get a limited number of attempts though before it locks out forever.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 26

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I've no idea what an MCK code is ?
All you need to do is put a non O2 sim in the phone and when prompted, enter the unlock code you have been given.
You only get a limited number of attempts though before it locks out forever.

I'm guessing it's permanently locked now so only Samsung can help you now though there is probably nothing they will do.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
NCK is code to unlock network which I was given that never worked. MCK is a code to unfreeze it if you enter that code wrong too many times.. which I never done.

I refuse to believe the phone is permanently locked or o2 will have to answer for it.

Does anyone know the an email to make a formal complaint about it. I have all the logs and emails to back up this.
Message 6 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Complaints on this link.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
You can’t unfreeze it if it’s locked out I’m afraid.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 26

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
NCK is code to unlock network which I was given that never worked. MCK is a code to unfreeze it if you enter that code wrong too many times.. which I never done.

I refuse to believe the phone is permanently locked or o2 will have to answer for it.

Does anyone know the an email to make a formal complaint about it. I have all the logs and emails to back up this.

Email address is in the link I posted.... 

Message 8 of 26

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Complaints on this link.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
You can’t unfreeze it if it’s locked out I’m afraid.

Is it a new motherboard that's required @MI5

Message 9 of 26

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's worth asking Samsung in case they have now incorporated some kind of recovery, but historically, it would have been a new motherboard required, yes.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 26