cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOTE 4 Lollipop?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi o2

Many of us users have been waiting for the new android update, do you have a time frame?

I have read it has begun rolling out in germany but still nothing here.

thanks

Neil

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Kies 3 will do all the above including installing the lollipop update.

Could you please give a bit more details. do  cancel the nag dialog on my phone telling me to install lollipop  and let Kies handle the dowload and install?  Are the any issues or must do settings post . Has anyone found issues with battery life with Lollipop which isn't great on the NOte 4?

Message 31 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
Cancel the update notice and just do a full back up first.
Then do the upgrade, disconnect and do a factory reset, then restore your backup.
Battery life has always been good for me and it's certainly no worse with Lollipop.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Cancel the update notice and just do a full back up first.
Then do the upgrade, disconnect and do a factory reset, then restore your backup.
Battery life has always been good for me and it's certainly no worse with Lollipop.

-----------

Ok, just upgraded Kies and now in true marketing style, I am told this has been changed to SmartSwitch. So which one should I use?  I have closed kies and now SmartSwtch is backing up my stuff.  I am guessing this going on to the cloud .

Message 33 of 41

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
Smartswitch and Kies is the same thing but with a different name (Smartswitch allows you to back up and restore from different devices too now).
Backups are stored on your PC.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 34 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Smartswitch and Kies is the same thing but with a different name (Smartswitch allows you to back up and restore from different devices too now).
Backups are stored on your PC.

Hi 

Thanks, yes I have just check where that backup is stored.  I notice the Outlook options on SmartSwtich - since outlook is IMAP these are automatically synced via adding  the Exchange  Account.  Do you think it is a good idea to also back these up via the SmartSwitch

Once, you reply I will stop procrastinating and Go Lollipop....Confused

Daniel

Message 35 of 41

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
lol, yes any imap accounts will auto sync - Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 36 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 123328 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Hang on hang on.....will you be recommending Smartswitch now then @MI5 instead of Kies? Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 41

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
Same - The name will probably change over time.

Currently using:
Message 38 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
lol, yes any imap accounts will auto sync - Good luck slight_smile

Ok phone updated to Lollipop version 5.01 and restarted .  I haven't done a factory reset nor needed to restore from backup.  Apart from notification screen and the phone app I haven't  anything significantly different in the UI. Nova Prime and Laucher and all apps seem to work as before.  Does this sound correct?

Message 39 of 41

MI5
  • 144950 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions
Yeah, you only need the backup if you reset it - If it's working OK you may not need to.
As I've said on here previously, there are hardly any visible changes at all.

Currently using:
Message 40 of 41