Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SD cards

RCL
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Hi this is just to help anyone if it happens to them. My husbands SP had a message saying "system UI not working" sent to Sony who repaired it came back put sim and SD card in same message came up called Sony back yesterday about phone still not working and nice gentleman went through all setting nothing could still be done with phone. He sent some info by email to try and said he'd call back today. Spoke to my son who lives away explained to him he said try taking sim and SD out and try them one at a time turned out the SD card had become corrupted. So lot of apologies to Sony but none of the advisors I spoke to had heard of the UI system failure before so it will be a learning curve for them also. Sorry this has been long winded but I thought it may help someone else.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

thank you for your insights. 

Im sure this will help anyone who may be in the same situation too. 

Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
"System UI" covers a multitude of potentials - The only way to find out which aspect of the system is causing the issue is to work through them one by one, as you did......
For anyone else reading this, it could also relate to an app that has been installed or updated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
We did think it was an app as I had just installed a new one for him it was dredge which the kids use, as software companion didn't work we had to send it to Sony, and when it came back yesterday had same problem so it was a process of elimination.
Message 4 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That's the best way.
Well done for finding it slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
What size was the sd card and was it from a legitimate seller, some are dodgy as hell with a fake capacity for really cheap prices. once it fills beyond its real capacity all hell breaks loose because your phone is looking for data that doesn't exist. This can then cause a system ui failure.
Message 6 of 11

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Like this one.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00FLB53LO?cache=48b988ea0b80db1a49963c6219e49fe4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&...
I guarantee, once that card fills beyond 2 or 4GB, there's gonna be problems.
Message 7 of 11

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
It was legitimate it came from O2 shop
Message 8 of 11

RCL
  • 92 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
It is a couple of years old though x
Message 9 of 11

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah, probably just corrupted then. What brand is it. Some have really good warranty
Message 10 of 11