Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop 5.0 problems on the Samsung S5

Kelb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone else on here having problems with the S5 since the new lollipop upgrade?  My mum installed the update about a week after it came through on my handset and both of us are experiencing the same problems. Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.  (Have already done a factory reset)

Screen freezes - have had to remove the battery a few times to get it to reboot

All handset functions seem alot slower than before

Handset getting hot

Battery life dreadful - seem to be charging my handset twice a day otherwise the battery drains completely

Error message - Unfortunatley contacts have stopped

mobile data and wifi both really slow

After looking online it seems that there are alot of people experiencing the same problems but so far I have been unable to find anywhere that gives any positive info regarding this being fixed

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Kelb
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok starting to feel abit thick now. sorry! In simple persons terms please. Have updated to lollipop 5.0, update caused problems and factory reset hasnt fixed any of them. Is there a new update due to fix the current 5.0 installed last week
Message 11 of 31

Kelb
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not just me then haha 

Message 12 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 126018 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Does it mean theres still a bug fix update coming no matter what CPW, PDA, CSC, .PSD, .JPEG, .TIFF, .EPs your on? (lol)

This made me laugh......thanks for that LOL.

I can't answer your question though......I will leave that to @MI5 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
It would help if I was only answering one person on the thread.
If it's an O2 phone the latest firmware is:
PDA G900FXXU1BOA3
CSC G900FO2U1BOA1
If it's a CPW phone the latest is:
PDA G900FXXU1BOA3
CSC G900FOXA1BOA4
If you're on that firmware = No update coming imminently, if you're not on it = expect one soon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 14 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

aaah so CPW = carphone warehouse? I am on o2 and have the firmware listed ending in BOA3. I'll have to give a factory reset a go then I suppose. 

Message 15 of 31

Kelb
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry, was enjoying the communication, i don't get out much and the postman hasn't been today. Hey ho, so no upgrade fix and no downgrade solution then. Thats a bit cr*p. Have a good weekend
Message 16 of 31

MI5
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Well eventually you will get 5.01 or 5.02 etc but it's not currently in the pipeline.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 17 of 31

MI5
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

aaah so CPW = carphone warehouse? 

Yes, it is.

Message 18 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 126018 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It would help if I was only answering one person on the thread.
If it's an O2 phone the latest firmware is:
PDA G900FXXU1BOA3
CSC G900FO2U1BOA1
If it's a CPW phone the latest is:
PDA G900FXXU1BOA3
CSC G900FOXA1BOA4
If you're on that firmware = No update coming imminently, if you're not on it = expect one soon.

As usual @MI5  You are doing a sterling job wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try the factory reset over the weekend. It's been a bit of a weird update, at first it was really fast, nothing major wrong with it, then skip forward a week and a half its gradually become worse ranging from apps crashing, screen going black, apps taking ages to open, contacts crashing etc. The newest thing today is that the text app has bombed whilst texting and when I've finally got round to sending a text, it can take anywhere between 10-15 minutes to send. Ive had the phone around 10 months and it has never been this bad. I bought this particular phone for its specs, I can't stand technology that can't keep up with me in terms of speed so these latest bugs are really killing me.

Message 20 of 31