Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lollipop 5.0 problems on the Samsung S5

Kelb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone else on here having problems with the S5 since the new lollipop upgrade?  My mum installed the update about a week after it came through on my handset and both of us are experiencing the same problems. Any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.  (Have already done a factory reset)

Screen freezes - have had to remove the battery a few times to get it to reboot

All handset functions seem alot slower than before

Handset getting hot

Battery life dreadful - seem to be charging my handset twice a day otherwise the battery drains completely

Error message - Unfortunatley contacts have stopped

mobile data and wifi both really slow

After looking online it seems that there are alot of people experiencing the same problems but so far I have been unable to find anywhere that gives any positive info regarding this being fixed

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
It would help if I was only answering one person on the thread.
If it's an O2 phone the latest firmware is:
PDA G900FXXU1BOA3
CSC G900FO2U1BOA1
If it's a CPW phone the latest is:
PDA G900FXXU1BOA3
CSC G900FOXA1BOA4
If you're on that firmware = No update coming imminently, if you're not on it = expect one soon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Sounds like you don't have the bug fix yet - it's rolled out so you should get it soon.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which bug fix is this, will it update the version to 5.01? My S5 over the last few days has gone really slow, I get text lag, opening apps cause the whole screen to go black for around 5-10 seconds, especially on outlook and facebook. Facebook Messenger app crashes the text screen the most, causing input lag. It was never like this before I updated from Kitkat.

Message 3 of 31

MI5
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
No, it's still 5.0.
It should be on G900FO2U1BOA1 if it's an O2 phone.
Message 4 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently on G900FXXU1BOA3. Do you know what the new update will fix? I'm thinking about doing a factory reset if my phone carries on the way it is. 

Message 5 of 31

Kelb
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Mines also the G900FXXU1BOA3. Although if update doesnt fix soon it could end up being the G900FUNDERMYBOOT. So frustrating
Message 6 of 31

MI5
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
That is the latest O2 firmware. You have quoted PDA, I was quoting CSC.
PDA G900FXXU1BOA3
CSC G900FO2U1BOA1
Definitely factory reset if you haven't done it yet.
Message 7 of 31

Kelb
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That doesn't mean an awful lot to me. Its connected to o2 through cpw if that makes any difference. Does that mean no fix due for pda then? 😢
Message 8 of 31

MI5
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Kelb wrote:
That doesn't mean an awful lot to me. Its connected to o2 through cpw if that makes any difference. Does that mean no fix due for pda then? 😢

No that's different if you got from CPW.

You are due an update to 

PDAG900FXXU1BOA3
CSCG900FOXA1BOA4
Message 9 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it mean theres still a bug fix update coming no matter what CPW, PDA, CSC, .PSD, .JPEG, .TIFF, .EPs your on? (lol)

Message 10 of 31