cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 rebooting problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

hope this is the right place to ask this. I have an LG G4 on a 24 month contract with o2, which I'm not even 1 year into. I was using the phone today and it froze and restarted itself, however it seems to be stuck in a loop of rebooting and not getting past the initial LG welcome screen. I've tried the usual, taking the battery out etc but it keeps restarting.

Anyone have any suggestions?

And if it's not fixable, is it under warranty or do I have to pay out for the remainder of the contract and a new phone?

Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous Back in January of this year LG acknowledged this reboot loop problem. http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/lg-finally-acknowledges-g4-boot-loop-problem-and-it-s-offering-a-fix-1313769

They advised returning to carrier or themselves. As they know of the problem then contact LG direct

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/mobile-phones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It will still be in warranty. Contact LG. don't use o2 repairs as they don't have a great reputation
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous Back in January of this year LG acknowledged this reboot loop problem. http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/lg-finally-acknowledges-g4-boot-loop-problem-and-it-s-offering-a-fix-1313769

They advised returning to carrier or themselves. As they know of the problem then contact LG direct

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/mobile-phones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

If you can select recovery mode you can try a factory reset - all user data will be lost but it's lost if you send it into LG anyway.

1. Turn off your LG G4 (complete a full shut down process – press power key and select “power off” or press and hold power button for a few moments).
  2. Then, press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons – don’t release the keys.
  3. Keep pressing the buttons until the LG Logo is being displayed.
  4. At that point release the buttons for about 1 second.
  5. After that immediately press and hold Power and Volume Down keys pressed once more.
  6. The recovery mode menu should be then displayed on your LG G4.
  7. You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.
  8. Select "factory reset/clear all user data"
  9. Choose “reboot system now” when you are ready to go back to Android OS.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone for your help.

factory reset doesnt seem to be playing ball with me atm but I'll keep trying, thankfully *most* of my pics etc are saved to an SD card anyway.

phone very briefly started as normal there but then went back into a restart loop, so it looks like I'll have to contact LG directly.

Really appreciate your help though!

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As it's a known problem then I would contact LG and get it back to them The phone is under warranty after all...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's a software glitch so if you can't get it to reset, LG will fix it in next to no time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7