cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 bootloop issue and atrocious customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I need some advice on next steps please as i'm at the end of my tether with o2

I got the LG G4 on refresh last march 2016 after my Xperia z1 gave up the ghost and became a brick. It was sat on its charging cradle on Friday night and started with the boot loop issue, took the battery out, tried hard reset etc nothing. Did a webchat who said take it to store.

Saturday morning, went into store, had two options, pay off contract for £210 and have a brick or be without a phone and send it away. I opted for the latter and it arrived there today. I had a text to say it had arrived and one late this evening to say 'The problem with your phone isn't covered by the warranty. But we'll give you a repair quote. Just call the shop'

It was too late to ring as they'd been shut for a couple of hours so I don't know what the issue it, its not been dropped/exposed to water/damaged or anything. It has a hard case and screen protector so in excellent condition.

Having been with o2 for a good few years, i'm really fed up that I've got no working phone (i was offered an alcatel but my phone was my diary, notebook, camera and internet access), that i've now got a very expensive and un usuable brick, i'm paying for data which I won't be using for this period while the phone is out of action as i've resorted to an old 2g htc and when i've been in store or phoned up i've had a lack of interest and a view that its not their problem.

I've sent two complaint emails in (saturday and monday) and not heard a thing. I am furious that this fault was known about in the phone/tech industry before i bought it, if i'd have known i'd have chosen another product.

Sorry for the rant, just at the end of tether with this and o2 and want to get matters sorted.

Message 1 of 78
77 REPLIES 77

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
@MI5 - Not sure there is much to back up on a Nokia 301!!
@Cleoriff - Not sure there is much enjoyment in getting 100+ apps back on it, plus ring tones and notifications, etc, etc...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 71 of 78

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122978 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
@MI5 - Not sure there is much to back up on a Nokia 301!!
@Cleoriff - Not sure there is much enjoyment in getting 100+ apps back on it, plus ring tones and notifications, etc, etc...

I was aiming for an element of levity...combined with a dash of sympathy....whilst thinking 'thank God that isn't me' tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 72 of 78

gmarkj
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Thank you for the attempt at humour.
With this and an on-going issue with damage caused by a delivery there is very little of that over my way!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 73 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 122978 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Thank you for the attempt at humour.
With this and an on-going issue with damage caused by a delivery there is very little of that over my way!!

OMG!, What a bloody nightmare! slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 74 of 78

gmarkj
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
What I didn't mention is the damage is not to or caused by the phone (it is in the same condition as when I sent it).
Long story short - had new kitchen appliances delivered and delivery team damaged front room carpet and kitchen floor. Not fun!!

Message 75 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 122978 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
What I didn't mention is the damage is not to or caused by the phone (it is in the same condition as when I sent it).
Long story short - had new kitchen appliances delivered and delivery team damaged front room carpet and kitchen floor. Not fun!!

FGS!! Not a good week then. Will they reimburse you for the damage? (a bit off topic I know...)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 78

gmarkj
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
It's been a long few weeks.
Yes and no.
They are disputing some of the damages but have agreed about others.
On-going...

Message 77 of 78

Cleoriff
  • 122978 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
It's been a long few weeks.
Yes and no.
They are disputing some of the damages but have agreed about others.
On-going...

Ok. Best of luck with it then Gary...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 78