Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kies backup

ancro259
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have a Galaxy S but getting a Galaxy note 2 at the weekend. I was wondering if I'll be able to use Kies to transfer my backup from old phone to new one. I'll using the same sim card and number. If I can't do that what is the best way to get data from old to new as I've only used Kies. I suppose you can tell I'm complete novice slight_smile Thanks for your help . Ann

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149343 Posts
  • 707 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Kies will see a different phone as it's ability to back up varies from device to device. The Note will have more options available to it than the S. If you want to transfer photos and videos you will have to use the manual sync function and select the folder they are stored in. Contacts will auto sync with your Google account, emails will sync with your email account and will be fine, the only other thing is SMS backup from Google play if you want to backup and restore your text messages.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions

from what i can tell..... YES

open kies and accept the update

make sure ur screen is on... connect ur fone

look at the tabs at the top.... back up/restore

Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149343 Posts
  • 707 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Kies will see a different phone as it's ability to back up varies from device to device. The Note will have more options available to it than the S. If you want to transfer photos and videos you will have to use the manual sync function and select the folder they are stored in. Contacts will auto sync with your Google account, emails will sync with your email account and will be fine, the only other thing is SMS backup from Google play if you want to backup and restore your text messages.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

ancro259
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thankyou so much to both of you for your help,much appreciated, easy to understand, that's what I like:)

Ann
Message 4 of 4