cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jellybean playing Havoc with my Galaxy S2

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Galaxy S2 has been fine for the 19 months I've had it, even after the upgrade from Gingerbread to Icecream Sandwich.  But 2 weeks ago I picked it up off the table to find it was half way through an update (not realising there was a new version on O2 yet).  Once it finished Jelly Bean looked great I was extremely happy.  But then I realised that after leaving it on an all night charge (which I have always done) it would sit in my pocket at work, hardly used, and the battery would die around 2-3pm.  I have just switched the vibration off, screen brightness right down, bluetooth off, Google now off and put it on charge again now I'm home.  Now it is running extremely slow, taking up to 10 seconds to react to anything I press.  Every day since it has updated my phone has frozen at least once, today 3 times and I've had to hold the power button for 20-30 seconds to get it to reset.  I want to go back to Icecream sandwich because it seems either my S2 cannot cope with jellybean or it is dire need of another update with fixes.  Please help before I switch to a Windows phone.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146974 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

You swype directory is backed up to swype servers and should reinstall automatically. The fact that swype is playing up suggests that you need to delete and reinstall it. I'd start by just clearing data & cache from the manage applications menu as it might just work but if not remove it and re add it. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 11