Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

Anonymous
Not applicable

installed the latest small jellybean update last week and now i cant download

any apps from google play, i can on samsung apps and everything else is fine

any ideas please

Message 521 of 596

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Uninstall updates on Play store app and check that "Download Manager" hasn't been disabled....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 522 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

will do

Message 523 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone tell me why I haven't received the jelly bean update? Im on I9100PO2ULP4 and phone XXLPC. I tried the software update on the phone and kies but still says no update available
Message 524 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can anyone tell me why I haven't received the jelly bean update? Im on I9100PO2ULP4 and phone XXLPC. I tried the software update on the phone and kies but still says no update available

The P model (I9100P, that has the extra NFC technology) is still lacking the 4.1.2 update from O2.  In summary you can either flash manually with an Orange version (likely to have some of their apps and customisation perhaps) or with the latest unbranded flavour direct from Samsung, i.e. XWLSW but this is based on the non-P I9100.  It works perfectly just minus the NFC feature.

Jonty.

Message 525 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, i take it I can get the unbranfed version from samsungs website and update via kies? I don't use nfc so it won't make a difference
Message 526 of 596

MI5
  • 149084 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the reply, i take it I can get the unbranfed version from samsungs website and update via kies? I don't use nfc so it won't make a difference

No, you need to do it this way http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/463464#M18334

Message 527 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Message 528 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry to be a nuisance, where can I find jelly bean for i9100 to use with odin?
Message 529 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the guide MI5 pointed you towards there should be information about SamMobile..?  After a quick sign-up (free) you can search for your device and download the firmware of your choice.  Note: search for the non-P model to find XWLSW for UK/Ireland.  Failing that use Google and you should find the same release linked in other websites.

Jonty.

Message 530 of 596