Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148832 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After spending the last hour reading through the last 40+ pages. I wanted to be clear before attempting it. Using Odin I can Install the I9100 Germany ROM (I9100XWLSE I9100OXELS6) to my I9100P to get jelly Bean 4.1.2 . My phone is locked to o2. I haven't read it anywhere so I'm assuming I DONT need to root to do this.

That's exactly what I did using Odin, except I installed I9100XWLSD I9100XXLS8 which was another German O2 ROM. It works fine, the battery runs down slightly quicker, but normally runs all day without charging even with fairly heavy use (not running videos though). I had the phone unlocked first, I don't know whether you have to that, but I would recommend it anyway, as you'll have a phone you do what you want with.

Message 501 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick replys. I'll keep that Odin guide handy, now to wait for o2 to send me the unlock infomation.

Message 502 of 596

swebby
Level 3: Thinker
  • 88 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Code for my S3 came in a week 🙂
S8+, Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Chromebook.
Message 503 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

The latest version of 4.1.2 is XWLSS so it would pay to get your hands on that.  Since LSD in addition to minor fixes a battery drain issue was addressed I believe.  With LSS there is also a specific UK version that Samsung released.  If you can't find a download via Google then check out SamMobile, sign-up and download using their link.

Just something to consider... my wife has an SII with Vodafone and I applied for an unlock code only to be told the phone wasn't locked (and it wasn't).  Perhaps try another SIM before applying to O2 for the code.  Granted my SII (with O2) was locked but perhaps not every device is.

Jonty.

Message 504 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to know, I'll check it with another sim. If i can get the download from SamMobile to work it keeps timing out half way through 😞
Message 505 of 596

MI5
  • 148832 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions
Just to confirm the question re unlocking. If you are flashing anything other than the O2 ROM to a locked O2 phone you must unlock first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 506 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
PAH o2, I see Orange have beaten you in the UK updating the i9100P to JB!
Message 507 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

I flashed my i9100p using Odin and the Orange firmware and it works fine including the NFC. A few odd Orange Apps but at least it's now up to date. Of course your phone needs to be unlocked from O2.

Message 508 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good News, finally got round to unlocking phone with another sim and I managed to flash it. It seems to all be working fine, Running the United Kingdom / Ireland I9100 ROM (CSC: I9100XEULS4). MAJOR!! thanks to MI5 for the help. your guide to using Odin was amazing. Now my I9100p thinks its a I9100 lol.

Message 509 of 596

MI5
  • 148832 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions
Good to hear mate wink
Message 510 of 596