Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148247 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28399 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

Anonymous
Not applicable
About to flash Baltic version to my unlocked i9100p. Seems like a full wipe is recommended. At what stage should I wipe ? (Less of the sniggering !).

Thanks.
Message 491 of 596

MI5
  • 148247 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28399 Solutions
Unbranded UK is out now (but not for the P version). Wipe before and after flashing for best results.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 492 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got a GT-I9100P, but I updated to the WLSD build (German O2 I think) for the GT-I9100, as I wanted Jelly Bean, and don't use NFC (yet). Everything seems fine, the battery runs down slightly quicker, but not much. Should I have done a factory reset after the update? Is it just a question of backing up to Kies before I carry out the reset, and then restoring from it afterwards?

Is it worth updating to an unbranded build, I keep hearing about Baltic, and others. My phones unlocked, and I don't use any O2 apps?

Last question (for now). The email keeps dropping it's sync. Is it a software problem, or it the settings I've got?

Message 493 of 596

MI5
  • 148247 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28399 Solutions

I always recommend a factory reset after upgrading firmware and as the UK unbranded one is now released it makes sense to stick that on a UK phone (not that it's likely to be any different, but might have a better modem for UK use).

Message 494 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and I both got S2s about 3 weeks ago on a Tesco contract/O2 network.  On Friday (10 May) my wife's automatically upgraded to 4.1.2 over the air.  Mine hasn't upgraded yet for some reason.  I called tech support who said it may take a few hours to a few days for it to come to mine.  

I expected that when it eventually came, it would be available to all handsets at the same time.  Does anybody have any idea how long the update process is likely to take reach all phones on the network?

Message 495 of 596

MI5
  • 148247 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28399 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife and I both got S2s about 3 weeks ago on a Tesco contract/O2 network.  On Friday (10 May) my wife's automatically upgraded to 4.1.2 over the air.  Mine hasn't upgraded yet for some reason.  I called tech support who said it may take a few hours to a few days for it to come to mine.  

I expected that when it eventually came, it would be available to all handsets at the same time.  Does anybody have any idea how long the update process is likely to take reach all phones on the network?

It is handset dependant... See here for details http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Guide-to-Samsung-S2-amp-Jelly-Bean-Updates/td-p/448668

Message 496 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks MI5, as both phones were bought from the same shop at the same time, I expected them to be identical. Appears not 🙂
Message 497 of 596

MI5
  • 148247 Posts
  • 638 Topics
  • 28399 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Many thanks MI5, as both phones were bought from the same shop at the same time, I expected them to be identical. Appears not 🙂

No it's not always the case. It depends on stock levels and demand etc.....

Message 498 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

After spending the last hour reading through the last 40+ pages. I wanted to be clear before attempting it. Using Odin I can Install the I9100 Germany ROM (I9100XWLSE I9100OXELS6) to my I9100P to get jelly Bean 4.1.2 . My phone is locked to o2. I haven't read it anywhere so I'm assuming I DONT need to root to do this.

Message 499 of 596

swebby
Level 3: Thinker
  • 88 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
There's a complete guide to using Odin by MI5 in FAQs.
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/HOW-TO-A-Guide-to-using-Odin/m-p/46346...
I believe you need to unlock first though in which case:
https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
S8+, Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Chromebook.
Message 500 of 596