Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 Roll out started

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 596
595 REPLIES 595

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
There is someone else on here with the O2 ROM who has poor battery life and an overheating phone. My suspicion is that it is app related, ie, a rogue app giving an issue due to incompatibility with the new JB fw. I would do a factory reset but not install any apps at first and see if the problem still exists.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 441 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks MI5 - will give that a go

Message 442 of 596

NotSoClever
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are we all still waiting for the upgrade for the GT-I9100P version (NFC version from what I understand?) or is it just me?

Capture.JPG

Message 443 of 596

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Still waiting. Check my update thread for the latest info.
Message 444 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just by way of update - I did as suggested and did a factory reset, didn't install or update any apps and sure enough no crashes and better battery life.

So I now have a phone I like again - woohoo - all my gripes with the phone are solved in JB.

Just need to add my apps slowly to work out what was causing the issue.

Thanks all - particularly MI5

Message 445 of 596

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Glad you're enjoying it....

1 app at a time till you find it wink
Message 446 of 596

Anonymous
Not applicable

Newbie, first post. Sorry if its in the wrong place. Just had an online chat with an 02 Guru, she informed me that the Jelly Bean update for the i9100P will be available in a week, how reliable are these guys??

Message 447 of 596

jonsie
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Online chat is a constant source of misinformation. Some are helpful and I wouldn't want to denounce chat as a total waste of time (falls just short of that). Don't be too reliant on the information you have been told.

Message 448 of 596

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
That is twice online chat has said "by the end of the month" so there may be some truth in it?
Message 449 of 596

jonsie
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions