cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet access

Anonymous
Not applicable
My internet signal strength is very strong but my phone won't connect to my broadband. It keeps coming up Unable to connect to priority just now. It is happening more and more frequently. I have reset my plusnet on the phone a couple of times. It helps for a short period of time then stops working again. I am having to use my data allowance unnecessarily. Why is this happening and how can it be fixed? It used to be ok, so is it something to do with an upgrate that isn't working properly. Very annoyed. Thanks.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123965 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7497 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous If you have reset your router and still no joy then you need to check whether you have the correct 

data settings. As you have posted in the Android section I presume this is the type of phone you have

Check your settings out via this link http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/o2-apn-settings

If no joy with any of the above then give customer services a call http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

It may help to check whether you have any network problems as well...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/1014088

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 146078 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28110 Solutions
What phone are you using and what version of android?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5. Its a Samsung Galaxy S6.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Cleoriff, will give it a go.
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 146078 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28110 Solutions
It's most likely an issue with your router if a reset helps temporarily.
Try forgetting the wifi connection and reconnecting.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have s7 also with plusnet no problems here IV not changed any settings on router maybe ask plusnet to send new router
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 146078 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28110 Solutions
Certainly if it's an old router it may need replacing or a firmware update at the least.
Message 8 of 9

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Is there any update on this @Anonymous Are you still having difficulties connecting to your router? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9