Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help unlocking old handset

Jaybravo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m using an old Samsung gt-i8150 handset which was locked to o2 network and I want to unlock it. None of the information on the o2 site helps. There is no page where I can enter the details as instructed

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Jaybravo 

How to here Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Jaybravo 

How to here Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Jaybravo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi MI5 thanks for the info. It does appear to address the problem from what I've read. The problem I have now is that there are no free o2 sims, the minimum price I see is £15 whereas unlocking is supposed to be *free* by law. I would try to speak to someone from o2 but as far as I can tell all the help/contact links just seem to send you to online help subjects or in a loop and I can't find a way to contact anyone directly. Any advice is appreciated!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Jaybravo 

Sim cards are free to order from O2 website but will cost you £10 to top up the sim to use it.

You also get an additional £10 free once you have topped up, free cinema tickets and 10% back as rewards.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/pay-as-you-go

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4