cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Radar. No service. but 3g works?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I recently broke my iphone 5 and I'm borrowing a spare phone off my sister until I can get a new one. The phone I'm borrowing is a HTC Radar. But some reason it wont left me make calls or text. It shows 'no service'. but data works fine. (I can browse the internet and use stuff like twitter and that) I'm not connected to wifi either. (Just in case you were wondering.)

I've checked the signal in my area and it's fine. The phone is unlocked too. So my sim should work. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93294 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I refer you to my previous answer. You need to try your simcard in another handset. If your account is ok and there are no network local issues, then the fault lies with the phone. The fact that you can get 3G isn't anything to do with the account itself.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes phone 02 Customer Services on 202 contract or 4445 payg to ensure your account is set up ok.

Also look in the phones settings to see if there is a place to reset the phones network settings.

Also remove the sim and wipe it down to remove any static build up.
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93294 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

There is either a problem with your simcard or the phone is not unlocked. Is there another phone available that you can try your sim card in?

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
The iphone 5 takes a nano sim card.

Does the radar take a normal sim ?

It's possible the sim adapter is not working or swapmysim if performed has not fully activated yet.

It can take 24 hours + to take affect.

Keep turning the phone off and in to help reset it.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the sim thinks it is in an iPhone all the settings etc could be different to an android phone? Also depending on what network the phone you borrowed was last used on, it m,ay be defaulted to settings that aren't compatible with what you need. Contact customer services who should be able to text you all the relevant network settings.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:

So I contacted O2 and they sent me out another sim card as using nano sim with an adapter could cause problems. I put it in my phone. I sim swapped it. same problem. It's been 48 hours. no change. It has this little symbol up in the top corner. any ideas? 

IMG_4639.JPG

As I said before. 3g still works fine...

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93294 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I refer you to my previous answer. You need to try your simcard in another handset. If your account is ok and there are no network local issues, then the fault lies with the phone. The fact that you can get 3G isn't anything to do with the account itself.

Message 7 of 7