cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC ONE wont turn on

Anonymous
Not applicable

My HTC one just gave up the ghost today - one minute it was on and working fine making calls, sending messages and browsing, next thing I know - It's dead and wont turn on. Thought maybe battery had died so connected the charger and nothing - no lights, nothing. Tried connecting it to my lap top and the laptop recognises something is attached but nothing happens. Is there a a way of resetting it or is it dead and O2 need to send me a new one as its only about 6 months old.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

My HTC One, only 4 months old, is with O2 repairers now because it won't turn on. They have just told me this is not covered by the warranty and they want £400 for repair, i.e. the cost of a new phone.  How can this be?  

Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145101 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
You need to find out "why" it's not covered by warranty.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree, surely they gave you a reason why they're not doing it for you?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bet it's liquid damage..

I'd get the phone back and contact HTC
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies.

Definitely not water damage.  Not damage by dropping either.  Power button stuck down and inaccessible, even with the rubber case removed.  Some damage to the plastic strip surround self inflicted as I was abroad and trying to get phone back working.  Collecting from O2 today, will see what they have to say, but will contact htc support.

Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take it to Htc I bet it will be covered
Message 16 of 16