on 19-05-2010 09:31
I have had my HTC Desire for about a week now, and this morning the internet stopped working on it. No access to any online systems.
I chatted with Jack online and he sent me the proper internet settings. My phone came pre-set with O2 PostPay, which just failed.
Here are the correct setting for anyone that needs them:
Please note all steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.
Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero.
When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.
1. Press the Menu key
2. Tap Settings
3. Tap Wireless & networks
4. Tap Mobile networks
5. Tap Access Point Names
6. Press the Menu key
7. Tap New APN
8. Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Mobile Web then tap OK
9. Tap APN then tap the text box and enter mobile.o2.co.uk then tap OK
10. Skip past Proxy as this is preset blank
11. Skip past Port as this is preset blank
12. Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2web then tap OK
13. Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
14. Skip past Server, MMSC, MMS proxy, MMS port, MMS protocol
15. Tap MCC then tap the text box and enter 234 then tap OK
16. Tap MNC then tap the text box and enter 10 then tap OK
17. Press the Menu key
18. Tap Save
19. Press the Back key
20. Tap the dot next to your new profile to make it the default
21. Press the Back key four times to return to the standby screen.
on 19-05-2010 10:58
The O2 Postpay WAP are for accessing WAP sites etc.
So you need both. The settings you had weren't wrong.
on 19-05-2010 11:26
Any way on the WAP APN the data connection has been up and down like a Yo-Yo today so far, so prior to reading this I had already entered the mobile web settings as a test as having WAP settings just didn't seem right, and so far it's been quick and stable, but we'll see.
Only difference is that I used web and web as username and password, all other details are the same as listed here.
on 19-05-2010 11:39
on 19-05-2010 12:14
To run both APNs
Add mobile Web as below,
Name: O2 Mobile Web
APN Type: default
And check\modify Post Pay as below,
Name: O2 Post Pay
MMS Proxy: 22.214.171.124
MMS Port: 8080
APN Type: mms
The important bits seem to be getting the APN types set then you can run both at the same time but one for web and one for MMS.
on 20-05-2010 02:24
o2 pay monthly