Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: HTC Desire 2.3 Gingerbread update

well - just to update my findings from gingerbread
i am impressed!! shame you dont get backgrounds in there as i have over 50mb free on the phone. but no facebook rubbish etc. gutted the htc flashlight dont work Smiley Sad
happy with inital use - battery seems better and all my apps and msgs restored ok and the graphics seem alot smoother and the use is smoother
defo worth doing - give your self about an hour to backup before and restore after.
Note donwload the HTC sync before the upgrade
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

You can dowload an almost infinite amount of backgrounds from the Android Market, as well as a flashlight, if you wish.
I do have a question for anyone out there who reads these threads. When I download an app and store it to the SD card, it doesn't appear to show that. If I click on Menu>Settings>SD and phone storage, my internal memory numbers seem to constantly go down while the available space on my SD card remains the same, but if I click on Applications>Manage Applications it shows the apps that are on the SD card as the ones I have put there. Anyone know why that is? :robotindifferent:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

the HTC Flashlight does not work - i like that Smiley Sad
i was reading that not all off the app is moved to the SD card?
Have you restarted the phone since you moved them? i may need to re-calc sizes and may only do it at a reboot - just a thought
Highlighted

the HTC Flashlight does not work - i like that Smiley Sad
i was reading that not all off the app is moved to the SD card?
Have you restarted the phone since you moved them? i may need to re-calc sizes and may only do it at a reboot - just a thought

Oh

I'm aware that not all apps can be moved to the SD card. The ones that I can move, it says are there, yet the amount of space I have left on the SD card's memory remains the same, while the internal memory goes down every time I download an app and then move it to the SD card. Very puzzling.
Thanks for the suggestion. I rebooted, but it didn't change anything.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

I am thinking of upgrading to a Sensation and my Desire is currently rooted, S-OFFed and running Oxygen 2.3 (Android 2.3.7). I want to install this RUU so I get HTC Sense back and can sell the phone on eBay. Will the RUU replace my bootloader (AlphaRev), etc. or will I run into problems.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I broke my Desire, insurance won't replace it, so I'm out of this for now, I think my next phone will be a Nexus.
Highlighted

I broke my Desire, insurance won't replace it, so I'm out of this for now, I think my next phone will be a Nexus.

Why a Nexus? I didn't even know they were still making them.
Just out of curiosity, why won't your insurance replace your Desire?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

Why a Nexus? I didn't even know they were still making them.
Just out of curiosity, why won't your insurance replace your Desire?

The next one wi be the first Ice Cream Sandwich phone, as it is a major overhaul I don';t know how long HTC wi take to go over to it with sense, and aftera that waiting we did with the desire I can't do that again. But if it looks ike crap I' wait, I've aready dropped down to simpicity.
Semantics. They woud've repaced it for what happened but because of how I said it the guy said thats not an accident. Big annoyance, but I was already due my upgrade so no point fighting it, I might just fix it myself when I haven't got much to do.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Side note I'm back on here as my Mother purchased a Galaxy S2 and I was looking in the forums for dates of that update, even when I haven't got a phone the updates are getting to me. I wasn't so bad with the waiting but with a the iPhone people who ain't even into phones that deeply just going oh iOS5 is out? and getting the update, makes the rubbish we go through seem worse, they just get a date and its ready, tell other friends.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Okay well thats me out, but I might not get the Galaxy Nexus direct from O2, cos I'd still probably be waiting on updates lol.