cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP PLEASE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really need help.

My Samsung Galaxy S2 is 1 yr old. today it started to freeze a few times & this time it wont start up. Not charging and i cant access the recovery mode (Volume up+Home+Start). Even soft reset (battery out 10 seconds and start button). Tried connected to computer(KIES) but phone was not detected. i'm sure i'm going to have to send it away but is there ANY way of getting my photos off the phone?? it has most of my pictures of my son on there and i'll be heartbroken to lose them.

hoping for good news 

thanks

xx

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

It doesnt sound good if it wont power on at all however before you send it off for repair (where it will almost certainly be wiped, destroying your photos) book an appointment with your nearest O2 Guru http://guru.force.com and see if they can retrieve your photos.

Does your computer beep at all when its connected to Kies? If so try uninstalling Kies and reinstalling, then try and connect your phone again.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144828 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
If it won't turn on no computer in the world is gonna connect to it I'm afraid. I don't suppose you have a removable sd card in the phone or had backed up the photos anywhere ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for commenting .. nothing worked, i took out my sd card but nothing was on it .. everything must have saved to my phone. I went to talk to the people at the o2 shop and walked out in disgust after waiting 5 minutes for no one to even acknowledge me - spoke to other phone shops and it was unanimous that it would just have to be wiped.

never mind i will learn to keep backing up my photos this time!

xx 

Message 4 of 4