Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 browser tabs.

lenfish
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Running Lollipop 5.1.1. Keep gettting a message that I have fifty tabs open and I need to close them when in  reality only a few are open. If I close them everything is ok for a while, so more an annoyance than anything and I don't really want to do a factory reset. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem or has a solution.   

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
or, if using the stock Samsung browser, touch the number 50 in the URL box and all tabs will open.
You can close each one individually by touching the - next to each tab number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Clear cache from browser app in app manager.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
or, if using the stock Samsung browser, touch the number 50 in the URL box and all tabs will open.
You can close each one individually by touching the - next to each tab number.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I had a similar problem when my Note updated. I had to reset it to get the tab close (x) icon to reappear. Once it was reset it was fine....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

lenfish
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did as MI5 suggested, there were fifty tabs open in the Samsung browser which weren't closing using the tab icon so deleted each one individually. Many thanks for all your suggestions.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144185 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Thanks for letting us know.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6