cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S4 or O2 ??.. bad signal !..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Though in an area where O2 say that there are no signal problems, i really struggle with my S4 but when others visit me they don't seem to have the same problem... i feel cheated that i'm paying my monthly contract yet i'm not guaranteed & struggle for a signal especially as i'm disabled & my phone is my lifeline.. in sutuations like this O2 should investigate more & where need be should provide some sor of 'signal pick-up booster box' or antenae booster connector.. but they just say " sorry, but thereare no reported problems in your area" & keep taking your money.. i feel O2 as lost its way since becoming s big a player in the mobile market & for one, don't put up enough receiver masts in an area anymore & since 4G as become the new network even more masts have been lost to that use without erecting more or making thembig enough to cope with all the network traffic..
I sense, through asking around, that in general most people will stay loyal to a network if they are at least getting their minimum needs met, ie making & taking a phone call, texts, e-mails etc but once any of these becime an issue people will start looking elsewhere & i think O2 will find themselves loosing customers in droves if the continue not to address these issues within the next few months.. especially as their competitors are now offering far better deals / bundles & all round value for money... time to shape up or loose O2 !!..
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If no one else visiting you has an issue it must be either your phone or sim card.
Try a sim swap first (in any O2 store) and if no better have either O2 or Samsung look at your phone.
Note though that Samsung phones always seem to report a lower signal that other phones so ensure you're not just seeing a low signal and that you are actually having trouble connecting to a network signal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome,

Check your mast status via your full postcode here http://status.o2.co.uk

Here is a generic list of self help suggestions http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

As per this self help thread download the MYNETWORK App to report the masts.

Business customers can use BoostBoxes.

Pay monthly customers can use Tugo.

What's app and viber are alternatives but the other parties need them downloaded too.

Think about cleaning your SIM card and try it in another phone as a process of elimination, as your phone may be the issue. Do you get signal / connection fine when in other areas ?

Perhaps visit an O2 store and hsve it swapped out or have one posted to you and perform the swapmysim yourself via http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk

Do you have the option for a Landline in case your mobile network signal does continue to be affected ?
Message 2 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Have you tried a 4G toggle widget? S4 is set to use 4G where it can and if it picks up a 4G signal, even if it is poor it will use it. Toggling 4G on/off will often result in either using HSPDA/+ (3g) or gprs (2g) which will often be better signal.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If no one else visiting you has an issue it must be either your phone or sim card.
Try a sim swap first (in any O2 store) and if no better have either O2 or Samsung look at your phone.
Note though that Samsung phones always seem to report a lower signal that other phones so ensure you're not just seeing a low signal and that you are actually having trouble connecting to a network signal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is another member on here who has had trouble with the s4 signal he has tried a note 3 and says there is a marked improvement he had his s4 repaired and still the note 3 was better at signal
Message 5 of 5