Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free whatsapp to some

Mudgie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having problems trying to sort out my whatsapp,I cannot get it to be free, the only way I can use it is to use my data allowance, Ive been told it should be free but mines not, a previous forum member suggested the settings need to be changed, I am not a mobile phoney, I only use the basic so need idiots guide as to how to change,I do not know if I should re install, other suggestions on other forums have proved pointless,seems a shame to have to use all data allowance on whatsapp,many thanks to anyone who can help   

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mudgie1 

How to connect to WiFi here 

[video]

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mudgie1 

WhatsApp uses data to work. 
That's either your own mobile data or WiFi but must be one or the other. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mudgie1 WhatsApp is only free over WiFi. If you're out and about and not using a WiFi hot spot you will be using your data allowance.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Mudgie1
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Bambino,thanks for your reply,my phone never picks up the WiFi signal even at home,although my partners phone does,so all my use is from my data allowance,I'm obviously not mobile savvy,just trying to help myself understand it and get some of the free use that others do,thats why I thought maybe my settings were wrong,it has been suggested they need checking but then nobody knows the next bit,sorry I sound fed up but am going round in circles,maybe just suck it up or give it up !thanks

Message 4 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mudgie1 You need to turn off mobile data on your phone and turn on WiFi in your settings. What phone do you have?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mudgie1 

How to connect to WiFi here 

[video]

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Mudgie1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many many thanks for your help,found out that I hadnt filled in all the settings details,I had them in the wrong order, what a nelly ! just sent my first 'free' via WiFi message, a success,thanks again,firrst free message in 12 months ! never too old to learn, Mudgie

Message 7 of 9

Mudgie1
  • 15 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks for your help, found out that my settings were wrong,I had entered them in the wrong order, what a twit,never too old to learn, Mudgie.
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9