cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (Charger point)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

I have recently upgraded to an Xperia Z3 compact, but when plugging the charger in the charging point on the device, it simply does not work.  If I attach a charging dock onto the end of the charger cable and charge the phone via the dock it works absolutely fine.

I have used different cables and all work fine with a dock, however, the error is the charging access point on the top left of the handset.

I've had the phone 18 days.

Any advice? Surely I should be able to return this, but a guy i spoke to on O2 chat just kept advising me to buy a new charger.

How can i get this sorted now??

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You only have 14 days after purchase to return the phone. If you think you have a fault you would now have to send it back for repair.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

You only have 14 days after purchase to return the phone. If you think you have a fault you would now have to send it back for repair.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Usually it's 14 days with O2 but they may bend the rules. Contact them asap on 202

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Faulty handset link http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
What charger are you using and how many actual wall chargers have you tried?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Sounds like a faulty usb port on the phone. The magnetic port works with an adapter? If so then it's not the charger as the same issue would be apparent when using a dock or magnetic clip.
You're well within your 28 days replacement period so I would contact customer services again (don't use live chat) and make sure they understand you want a replacement for your faulty handset.
To confirm faulty usb port, plug it into a pc or laptop and see if anything happens.
Message 5 of 5