cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo on Samsung Galaxy S3

Anonymous
Not applicable

On reception of an incoming call from my home landline I find that I have an echo of my outgoing speech from my mobile. I have removed and refitted the SIM card but this has made no difference. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Phone in a case ?

Temp network glitch ?

Proximity to other receiving devices ?

Is it always happening or just a one off ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem seems to be there in a case or out. It has been there for a couple of weeks now and I didn't seem to have the problem on a call from a mobile network.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
So is it just one landline that gives you the echo or calls from any landline?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your help MI5.
Have done some more tests, albeit small ones, and the problems seems to be on landlines only but not every one. Some give no echo and others do.
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Very strange. Is there any connection with the location you are in or can it happen to you in different places ?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any location. I thought it might be the new 02 or bt app that handles calls but I uninstalled them and it still happens.
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Next time you get a call with an echo, hit the menu key and turn off noise cancellation, see if the echo goes away.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried this but it still echos, echos, echo on my voice outgoing on various landlines but not all.
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Is your firmware up to date ? Sorry, can't think of anything else.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11