cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Amazon App

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant download Amazon App onto Samsung Galaxy Ace, says error not enough memory on device even though i have a 4gb memory card that still has 3.5 gb left on it???

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27773 Solutions
App space is nothing to do with the SD card - It is dependent on the partitioned space available within the OS for apps.
Usually very small on low end phones and fills up quickly.
Your options are deleting any unused apps, clearing cache from recovery menu (or Manage apps section), or by dialing *#9900# and choose the option to "clear dumpstate".
If all else fails the only other option is a full factory reset from recovery menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27773 Solutions
App space is nothing to do with the SD card - It is dependent on the partitioned space available within the OS for apps.
Usually very small on low end phones and fills up quickly.
Your options are deleting any unused apps, clearing cache from recovery menu (or Manage apps section), or by dialing *#9900# and choose the option to "clear dumpstate".
If all else fails the only other option is a full factory reset from recovery menu.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, what does clear cache mean exactly? what will i be clearing??

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It clears all the temporary files and memory that the various app and browsers store therefore making more memory available.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144834 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27773 Solutions
Let us know how you get on?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7