cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downlaoding CD's onto my Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a bit of a simpleton when it comes to technology so need your help!  Given the limited radio stations available on my phone I want to download some cd's onto it to listen to but havent got a clue how to do it.  Can anyone give me an idiots guide on how to go about doing it?  Many thanks.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, lets give this a go!

1) Click on the Start button, then Programs, and then click on Windows Media Player

2) Insert your music CD (To simplify things, just cancel and close down the "Autoplay" menu if it pops up)

3) Once Windows Media Player is open, click on the RIP tab to bring up a list of options.

4) Click on the "Format" option and then select MP3

5) Click on More Options under the same RIP tab and take a note of the location where the files will be ripped to. You can change this but pressing the "Change" button.

6) Ensure that the MP3 format is selected on this window as well.

7) Press the "OK" button

😎 Before you start ripping, note the check marks next to each song. This indicates which songs will be ripped. Feel free to uncheck any songs you don't particularly care for and don't want ripped. 

9) Click the "Start RIP" button

10) Once you're done ripping, you'll see the message "Ripped to library" next to each song.

11) Right click on the big CD image next to the song list and select "Find Album Info".

12) If you see your album, highlight it and hit "Next." This will bring up a verification screen and you can click "Finish." Besides updating your Rip info, this will also update your Windows Media Player library with the new album and track details.

13) If Windows Media Player can't find your album, you can update the album and music info manually in Windows Media Player by right clicking on each individual piece of info you want to edit (e.g. Unknown Album, Unknown Artist, Track 1, etc.).

14) Follow this step for each of the CDs you want on your phone.

You now have all of your chosen music on your computer stored as MP3 so it can be played on a multitude of MP3 players...which includes your phone!

You now have two options:

Option 1

15) On your phone go to Settings then Wireless and Networks then USB settings. In here you will have 3/4 options, select mass storage mode, tap the back button to get back to your home screen.

15a)Plug your phone into the computer

16) It might load some drivers and then your SD card will show up in "My Computer"

17) Find the folder where all of your MP3 files were created from step 5 above

18) Select all of the files, right click and say "Copy"

19) In My Computer double click on your SD Card

20) Create a new folder called "Music"

21) Right click the Music folder and select "Paste"

22) Once the past action is finished, restart your phone and the media library will synchronise and you should be able to play music on your phone!

Option 2

23) Install Samsung Kies software from http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

24) Go here and follow this guide, as I'm not too familiar with Kies, Sorry! Smiley LOL

http://androidadvices.com/import-mp3-music-files-galaxy-s2-kies/ 

I hope this helps and you're able to follow it!

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

First things first...

What operating system do you have on your computer? Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8? or is it a Mac?

Do you have an SD memory card installed in your phone?

Do you know how to get music from a CD onto your computer?

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there.  Thanks for replying.  The operating system is Windows XP.  I do have an SD card and I'm (fairly!) sure how to put CD's onto the computer. 

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay...just to make sure, what version of Windows Media Player is installed in Windows? It should be version 11 if you have been doing Windows Update, etc but I just need to be sure so that I can give you a proper guide on what to do.

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure, but I grabbed one of my IT colleagues who was passing and he suggested that it is indeed 11.  It's my work machine you see!

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, can you bare with me while I try and write up instructions on what to do? I'm at work just now but I'll see what i can do!

basically you need to rip the music from the CDs in Windows Media Player but in MP3 Format.

You should then be able to plugin your phone, the SD card should show as a drive in "My Computer" and you can copy and paste the music over. Thats the theory anyway!

One thing you better check though, is your work okay with you plugging your phone into one of their computers, and are they okay with you ripping CDs and MP3s onto them? If they allow you to do this they are essentially helping you breach UK Copyright Law which means they can be fined! wink

But leave it with me and I'll get back to you

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, lets give this a go!

1) Click on the Start button, then Programs, and then click on Windows Media Player

2) Insert your music CD (To simplify things, just cancel and close down the "Autoplay" menu if it pops up)

3) Once Windows Media Player is open, click on the RIP tab to bring up a list of options.

4) Click on the "Format" option and then select MP3

5) Click on More Options under the same RIP tab and take a note of the location where the files will be ripped to. You can change this but pressing the "Change" button.

6) Ensure that the MP3 format is selected on this window as well.

7) Press the "OK" button

😎 Before you start ripping, note the check marks next to each song. This indicates which songs will be ripped. Feel free to uncheck any songs you don't particularly care for and don't want ripped. 

9) Click the "Start RIP" button

10) Once you're done ripping, you'll see the message "Ripped to library" next to each song.

11) Right click on the big CD image next to the song list and select "Find Album Info".

12) If you see your album, highlight it and hit "Next." This will bring up a verification screen and you can click "Finish." Besides updating your Rip info, this will also update your Windows Media Player library with the new album and track details.

13) If Windows Media Player can't find your album, you can update the album and music info manually in Windows Media Player by right clicking on each individual piece of info you want to edit (e.g. Unknown Album, Unknown Artist, Track 1, etc.).

14) Follow this step for each of the CDs you want on your phone.

You now have all of your chosen music on your computer stored as MP3 so it can be played on a multitude of MP3 players...which includes your phone!

You now have two options:

Option 1

15) On your phone go to Settings then Wireless and Networks then USB settings. In here you will have 3/4 options, select mass storage mode, tap the back button to get back to your home screen.

15a)Plug your phone into the computer

16) It might load some drivers and then your SD card will show up in "My Computer"

17) Find the folder where all of your MP3 files were created from step 5 above

18) Select all of the files, right click and say "Copy"

19) In My Computer double click on your SD Card

20) Create a new folder called "Music"

21) Right click the Music folder and select "Paste"

22) Once the past action is finished, restart your phone and the media library will synchronise and you should be able to play music on your phone!

Option 2

23) Install Samsung Kies software from http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

24) Go here and follow this guide, as I'm not too familiar with Kies, Sorry! Smiley LOL

http://androidadvices.com/import-mp3-music-files-galaxy-s2-kies/ 

I hope this helps and you're able to follow it!

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is fantastic, thank you very much for taking the time and effort, its very much appreciated.

I'm good with the instructions as far as selecting USB settings within the Wireless and Networks section.  I found W&N settings, but there's no sign of a USB settings option within it.  I show Flight mode, Wi-Fi settings, Bluetooth settings, Tethering & portable hotspot, VPN setting & Mobile networks.  Is it within any of these or could it be somewhere else? 

Many thanks again.

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be under a different menu option...sadly i dont have an android phone I can check haha!

Or you might not even need to do that step! Try just skipping that step and see if the computer recognises your phone and your SD card! slight_smile

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant see it so I'm trying the Kies option.  See if that changes things!  I'll let you know if that works.  Cheers.

Message 10 of 16