cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have a Sony Xperia J and I keep getting the same message sent twice sometimes three times How do I stop this from happening? Or is there a problem with my phone Thank you

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you seeing/receiving the text message multiple times in the same application, i.e. the Messages app..?  Or are you seeing notifications for a sole text but which appears in multiple text apps you have installed..?  I'm assuming it's the former.

If you've not yet done so perhaps consider switching the phone off.  In fact pull out the SIM and leave it off for 10 minutes.  Then reseat your SIM and switch back on and see if it still happens.  If there's still a problem then I'd be inclined to call Customer Services.  I've had this before but only at New Year a few years back (so a hiccup with the network).

Jonty.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you seeing/receiving the text message multiple times in the same application, i.e. the Messages app..?  Or are you seeing notifications for a sole text but which appears in multiple text apps you have installed..?  I'm assuming it's the former.

If you've not yet done so perhaps consider switching the phone off.  In fact pull out the SIM and leave it off for 10 minutes.  Then reseat your SIM and switch back on and see if it still happens.  If there's still a problem then I'd be inclined to call Customer Services.  I've had this before but only at New Year a few years back (so a hiccup with the network).

Jonty.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jonty for your reply I will try what you suggest and see if it works Regards Julie

Message 3 of 3