Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data connection problem

lenfish
Level 1: Joiner
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Galaxy S4 and recently have been having data connection problems when at home. Previously the phone would show an H+ or H connection with the ocassional G. Phone plan has been upgraded by o2 for 4G although connection is poor (coverage is officially poor in my area.) Network mode is 4G/3G/2G (auto connect) but recently the connection will drop from H+/H to G and stay there.

If I set up the Network mode as 3G only, the phone will show H+/H and hold this setting. If I revert back to 4G/3G/2G (auto connect) it will connect at H+/H (occasionally 4G), hold this for a while and then fall back to G and remain there. If I go away from home and go to say Leeds the phone will connect (normally at 4G) and hold this setting.

This suggests this may be something to do with o2 rather than the phone, although the network status for my home area is normal for 2G,3G and 4G. They have been working on the masts a couple of times in the last 3 weeks(including yesterday).

Before I contact o2 has anyone any idea what may be wrong. I have done a factory reset and manually re-installed  the data settings. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Len

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

Download the MYNETWORK app and use that to report your local masts.

Them working on the masts could be the issue and perhaps give it a few days.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

Download the MYNETWORK app and use that to report your local masts.

Them working on the masts could be the issue and perhaps give it a few days.
Message 2 of 6

lenfish
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Downloaded the app previously. Latest update shows network working normally but has just changed to show further maintenance due on Saturday, so will take your advice and wait to see what that brings. Thanks.

Len 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Let us know how you get on.
Message 4 of 6

lenfish
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will do.

Len

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same issue on my HTC it drops from H to nothing whenever I receive a phonecall and only when I restart the phone does it come back
Message 6 of 6