cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot respond to certain numbers such as 64402 (O2 surveys) or 68989 (Barclays Fraud Alerts) !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I noticed that whenever I get a text from, for example, O2's survey team (64402) where they ask you to respond with a number or a letter, the sending of the response fails immediately.

I had the same problem with Barclays now and their 68989 number which alerts you about suspicious transaction attempts on your debit card and asks you to verify them with either Y(es) or N(o) .

I can send messages to normal mobile phones no problem!

I called the O2 customer service number, was put through a Guru and he said he cannot see anything wrong (not helpful!) when I told him about the Barclays number. He said it must be the Barclays number that has a problem. Ironically, straight after that call I get a text from O2 to fill out a survey via text responses... does not work either.

I called Customer Services again, this time a lady told me she will have to send a mail to Tech Support but it will be fixed in 24 hours. She could not tell me what the problem was, just kept saying it will be fixed in 24 hours... that was over 24 hours ago and I still have the problem!

Has anyone here had this issue? How do I solve it?

I am using an Android phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) which is on the latest update. My O2 contract has a massive amount of included minutes and unlimited texts as well as 30GB Data.

Please help!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Glad it got sorted! slight_smile

Message 11 of 11