cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best android device available?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanting to find out what the general consensus on what is the best android device available? Am due an upgrade shortly and doing some research. Torn between HTC One M8, LG G3 and Sony Xperia Z3. Help?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
All mobile caneras of this nature are second rate when compared to a proper digital slr. I never base the handset on the strength.of the camera.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 21 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To me a camera is a bonus compared to the capacity and function of a phone. It's to take the instant photo for those off-guarded and unexpected moments, simply because most people have the phone at hand or in hand. For quality I agree, digital camera wins handsdown.

@anticpated wrote:
All mobile caneras of this nature are second rate when compared to a proper digital slr. I never base the handset on the strength.of the camera.

Message 22 of 35

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I wasn't being cynical. To be fair, htc m8 and sony xperia z2/3 are aimed at higher quality. If we could get tiff/raw support on external storage it would be better.
Message 23 of 35

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Coming in lollipop.. Raw support.
Message 24 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wasn't saying everyone should Base their fone decision on the strength of the camera, everyone knows a dedicated camera is better. BUT there is a noticeable difference in the quality of cameras on different handsets, so my point was, if the camera was important it would influence your decision.
Message 25 of 35

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Fair point.
Message 26 of 35

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Robsa
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
As has already been said, it's not really possible to definitively state what the best android phone is as it's so subjective.
I had an Xperia Z2, and whilst I couldn't really say it had any bad points (the screen struggled outdoors and the camera sometimes struggled to take decent shots)
I just couldn't gel with it. I have an S5 now and absolutely love it, but accept others wouldn't.
The most powerful phones right now on android are the note 4 and the new nexus 6. But any of the top end phones are brilliant to be honest, especially the galaxy S5, HTC one M8, LG G3. Of course then there are the Chinese phones.....
Message 28 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Its all down to personal choice surely? What one person looks for in one phone is not what someone else will be looking for. As long as its Android that will do for me...and of course Samsung...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for all your suggestions...

will definitely be visiting stores to try out the demos. previously had the note 2 which i loved until it was stolen (uninsured) and have been stuck with s4 mini since. not scared of a "phablet", however nearing 6 inches think the nexus 6 might be a tad too big.

Message 30 of 35