cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery discharging

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a Samsung Galaxy S2 for around six months and had no problems whatsoever.

Over the last three or four days however the battery has started to lose it's charge much quicker than normal, and even before I go to bed the warning has started to appear.

It gets relatively light use during the day, particularly while I'm at work, as I only use it to read emails, and occasionally surf the net. I have a 10 minute walk to and from work, and play mp3's during that time.

It's 12:40 now, and the battery is down to 39%. In the past it's sometimes lasted two days between charges. I've switched off GPS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi, all of which I used to leave on, and it still didn't run the battery down before the end of the day.

In settings the battery app shows that by far the biggest drain is Android OS.

What could be happening? Is there an app I could download which will show me what's using the power so much?

I don't know whether it's just my imagination but the back of the phone seems to feel warm even when it is just sat on my desk at work. The sort of warmth you get when something has been running.

Thanks for reading this.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you got FAcebook installed?

Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I do have Facebook installed. Why?
Message 12 of 12