Did you mean: 

Balance message suddenly accompanied with sound alert

katier992
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

My phone had a system-wide update today and whenever I send a text, I get the usual O2 balance message, which is fine, I don't mind that. However, it has started making a noise - specifically, the notification noise for an incoming message. I have tried Google, tried looking at the phone system itself, but nothing has worked, and it's driving me mad since I'm not sure whether it's an O2 thing or a phone (Motorola Moto G9) thing. To be clear: I don't want to turn off the balance messages altogether, just the sound. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@katier992 

In your phone settings, you can allocate different sounds to different actions, such as sms, mms, email, pop ups and general notifications.

Just allocate "no sound" to the notification message you get from O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@katier992 

You'll need to edit the sound allocated to that message with no sound.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

katier992
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 ...what does that mean?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@katier992 

In your phone settings, you can allocate different sounds to different actions, such as sms, mms, email, pop ups and general notifications.

Just allocate "no sound" to the notification message you get from O2.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4