Did you mean: 

4G and WiFi Calling option missing on my Huawei P30

tjb1508
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

Over a year ago I started my contract with O2 and was told that 4G calling and WiFi Calling would be avalible just like it had been on my Samsung that I had with EE, all this time and still no update that has enabled the feature yet.

I have made sure that the option is active in My O2 and have looked for the option in the call settings and mobile network settings but there still appears to be no option? Everything is set up correctly but I still have no option to enable it. Recently it has been more important to get this working so that my call quality is improved when contacting family members and friends.

I've read elsewhere that other people have experienced this issue and it seems to be down to O2.

Can anyone shed some light on this? This would be brilliant to finally get resolved.

Thanks,

Tobi
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@tjb1508 

Should be working.

Check help here https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling and also check with customer service if it is enabled on your account Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

tjb1508
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi thanks for your reply,

Coverage is all good in my area, looks at the maps and should be avaliable and customer services have said its all active on my account.

I can get in touch with customer services again just to double check, can't hurt trying

I think I saw you replying to someone else that had the same sort of issue, same sort of problem, if I make a call I lose 4G which means it's definitely not working properly.

I'm really stumped by this as I thought it would of been simple 🥴

Thanks again for your reply,
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@tjb1508 

It should be very simple, but as we know, it's not always the case 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4