cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.4 Kitkat update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone know when this will happen for the s4? Prob not for awhile but just curious
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Main phone is an HTC One but I'm looking at the LG curve now it's come down in price a bit.
I'm still holding on to my old S3 though as it's still a tough phone to beat - I keep on trying different ROM's and it's as fast as anything else on the market slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
The htc one does look good. Isn't the s3 only 1gb of ram?
Message 32 of 48

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes the regular 3G S3 is but I have the 4G version with 2Gb of RAM wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
The issue will not be with the manufacturer it will be with o2. Took o2 4 months longer to get the 4 3 update out which is a disgrace. Dont expect anything different this time round. my guess it june 2014.
Message 34 of 48

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The issue will not be with the manufacturer it will be with o2. 

Yes correct, as we have already established with an official statement on the previous page from O2 and the fact that unbranded phones already have the update.....

O2 prefer to hold back and test the updates to make sure they are fit for purpose before releasing them. All networks are the same and I read the same comments on the EE forum......

Currently using:
Message 35 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
Think you will find it took o2 longer than any other network to get 4.3 out. over 2 months in fact and it was due to o2 bloatware not testing. poor network and very slow updates are the reason im leaving when contract is up.
Message 36 of 48

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Think you will find it took o2 longer than any other network to get 4.3 out. over 2 months in fact and it was due to o2 bloatware not testing. poor network and very slow updates are the reason im leaving when contract is up.

I wish you all the best with youor new network slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 37 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable
haha nice. I was thinking of going to another provider too tbh, o2 is too slow for everything. we still haven't got 4g in Aberdeen yet and they lack reception up in thurso too. still got another year till my contract is up so will see how it goes then
Message 38 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

A live chat representative confirmed to me today that the 4.4 update for the Galaxy S4 will be released before the launch date of the S5.

"[11:44:13 AM] O2 : Ferris: We don't have any exact date Mathew but it 
will be very soo
[11:44:15 AM] O2 : Ferris: soon
[11:45:12 AM] Matthew: Before or after the S5 launch date? Would be 
pointless upgrading to 4.4 after launch as I'll be upgrading to the S5
[11:46:19 AM] O2 : Ferris: It will be before s5 launch"
Message 39 of 48

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It is already released.

Currently using:
Message 40 of 48