Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI calling?

ROBFROMKENT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning all, I have a Nokia 6.1 android phone on the PAYG tariff.  My signal at home is so bad that I can only get 2 bars in the top front bedroom, as for the rest of my house forget it. To make things better I would like to set up wifi calling but this is proving to be impossible and contacting customer service is less than perfect with strong accents and the inability to get my point across. I tried to explain that sending me a 4 digit code is a non starter, considering my poor signal strength and the time it would take to arrive seemed to make no difference and all the girl kept saying is that she would send another code and another code.

As this avenue was getting nowhere I decided to end the call, which was helped by the woman asking for my home address for the wifi team to turn up and install wifi!!!! Where this assumption came from God only knows.

So my question is: can I and how do I activate wifi calling on my phone? The option doesn't appear in any of my settings.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6639 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

Bad news. Wifi Calling is not available on O2 PAYG

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6639 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

Bad news. Wifi Calling is not available on O2 PAYG

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

ROBFROMKENT
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your swift reply Enlli, looks like I will be looking for another network very soon then. I'm a bit disappointed with O2 as other networks do offer Wifi Calling and seeing that O2 don't provide a good coverage here it would have been a perfect solution to the problem. Oh well PAYG is PAYG no matter who the supplier is. Thanks again for your help.

Message 3 of 3