Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, was aware of the 2 months indicative timing and will be careful! It would be good if there was an indication of serial numbers that are at particular risk although I assume that Samsung is still looking to replace all currently shipped devices to be safe?

Shame that the battery is no longer removable 😞
Message 11 of 1,893

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm sure they will make an announcement once they are confident of the facts.
Until then we can only guess and wait.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thanks for the info tho I'm not happy to hear it will be 2 minths before we will get our hands on the Note 7. At this rate it will be near my original upgrade date before I have my new phone. However, better safe than sorry - with my luck I'd get the dodgy phone!
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats a real shame, i paid up the remaining balance of £300 on my s6 edge plus when i got paid and thought thats ok i can recycle this one for £240 and replenish my bank account. i need to recycle this phone now and try and find something else to use until they sort everything out. I really hope its quicker than they state.
Message 14 of 1,893

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah it's really unfortunate.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so now im really confused. O2 CS just told me the note 7 is back in stock and will be delivered to me within 2 weeks at the latest. What the hell is going on, will i wait 2 weeks then be disapointed? Who knows..
Message 16 of 1,893

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Live chat?

Currently using:
Message 17 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Live chat?

Good grief....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope not live chat, actual customer service. I have not had good times with live chat in the past lol
Message 19 of 1,893

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well I hope they are correct and I'm sure they wouldn't have been told to say anything to stop customers cancelling wink

Currently using:
Message 20 of 1,893