cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Launches iTunes codes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Guys,

We've launched iTunes codes where you can charge directly from your mobile bill or Pay and Go credit 

Check it out here

The codes can be used to redeem music, apps, games, books, TV series, movies and more directly from the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks and Mac App Store.

To celebrate the launch, for two weeks, O2 will also be offering customers who purchase iTunes Codes through direct carrier billing, a voucher worth £25 for £20. This alternative method of payment, known as Charge to Mobile, is growing rapidly, with over 100 merchants already using it in the UK through O2’s online and mobile channels. Charge to Mobile is a fast and seamless way for customers to pay for digital content and is fast establishing itself as a popular method of payment. To date over 10 million transactions have been made by O2 customers alone.

Danny Barclay, Head of Commerce Sales at O2 said: “We look forward to making our customers’ lives easier by offering them a fast, easy and safe alternative method of payment to purchase iTunes credit.”

This new capability is delivered in partnership with leading managed service provider’s epay and Touchtechmedia and with mobile payments company Boku.

Will you guys be using this service? If so let us know what you think?

[Edit: link updated]

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Excellent that iDevice users can now get billed content, been using the equivalent on android and Sony entertainment network for a while now.

So easy to use and never had any problems.

Message 2 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A welcome move by O2, just hope the younger users have some parental control...

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I'm sure this service from O2 will be of use to those that prefer not to add a card to iTunes or use an iTunes Voucher.
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a total waste of time. I bought one of the iTunE's vouchers as a Christmas presant for the wife. I had it forwarded to her email address which at the time I didn't know she can't access.
I spoke to O2 five times who put me through to Apple who have never heRd of direct billing and my order number is non existent!! The put you back through to O2 who once again, can see you have been charged £25 for something but don't have a reference of it. It's a good idea but it needs a lot more development as I'm now £25 out of pocket.
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I would have thought it would be easy enough for cs to reverse the charge for you.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Andy

Tbh I turned off direct to bill for my own reasons.

I'm sure Apple have not heard of this feature as its not something they would not get involved in.

Can you say why you can't access the email address anymore ?

I'd try ringing O2 back to see if another agent can be if better service.
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I know this may seem a stupid question but how did you buy the voucher? Was it online, instore or where?

Edit...no need to answer...I see now...duh me...:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Direct to Mobile - the service from O2 where you can buy and have it charged directky to your bill.
Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I was replying as you edited your post.
Message 10 of 15