Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 33
Kudos: 132
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0

Re: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) HUB

Looking at some youtube videos. .6 0  looks good specifically for the Edge with more Edge notification features. .and 6.0.1 takes away the border around the app icons..tho I usually use a theme anyway.  A few graphic changes.  It'll be interesting to see how it performs. .I imagine not too different from Lollipop x

photo firewind20_zpskhyyp5fa.gif
O2 Social Media Team

HTC A9 peeps, got some news for you...

6.0.1 has been approved and is awaiting scheduling. We currently hope for this to begin pushing out over the air from Monday 22nd. Here's the main update info:

• System enhancement
    • Quick Charge 3.0 support
    • Android security updates
    • Addition of screen colour temperature adjustment functionality

So keep your peepers peeled and grab it when it's out. Let us know how you get on with it Smiley Happy

Hi, I'm from the O2 Social Media team
alert We're unable to access your account from the O2 Community. alert
 Tag me for any O2 product or service issues.
Tag @Martin-O2 or @Marjo for anything else.
Topics: 77

@Chris_K
Sony UK announced March 7th rollout for unbranded, for Z5 series, tab Z4, Z3+
O2 testing their releases yet for those models?

O2 Social Media Team

@viridis wrote:
@Chris_K
Sony UK announced March 7th rollout for unbranded, for Z5 series, tab Z4, Z3+
O2 testing their releases yet for those models?

Hey there... I figured you'd ask sooner or later ;-)

To answer your Q, we're not testing these yet but we are hoping to receive the updates for all those models before the end of the month. If there are no issues found during testing, hopefully you'll see the update released in the coming weeks, but will keep you posted.

Hi, I'm from the O2 Social Media team
alert We're unable to access your account from the O2 Community. alert
 Tag me for any O2 product or service issues.
Tag @Martin-O2 or @Marjo for anything else.
Anonymous

Cant understand why it takes so long. Samsung have had BETA testers in the uk prior to release and then 8 days after its release 02 are still meddling around with it. O2 put their own little tweaks onto things ive seen this in the past with other phones but curiously why foes it take so long. You say o2 are testing it but the manufacturers have tested it on phones that are not locked to a particular carrier, are happy with it and released it into the wild. Its disappointing to always be at the back of queue with o2. Makes me seriously think next time when my contract expires.
Topics: 536

It takes so long because o2 have to test it (along with all the others).
They won't just release it. They never have done.
Buy sim free if you don't want to wait.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 550

O2, along with other networks, have their own apps. They test the update is compatible and either apps or update has to be modified if necessary. To modify an update it has to go back, be modified and then tested again. In O2's own words, they want to provide the best customer experience.

Anonymous

Or more interesting for everyone out there who like these 2 above me dont think o2 or any other carrier for that matter is the bees knees :

They’ll need to add their own branding and apps (bloatware) to the devices, which takes additional work.Carriers Can Delay Updates: Carriers can get away with putting this work off or failing to do it.  They have the ability to delay update rollouts for months if they feel like it, dragging their feet. Apple will release iPhone updates with or without them.Planned Obsolescence: Carriers don’t really want to upgrade a years-old smartphone and have it feel like new. As businesses looking to sell you a new phone and get you to renew your contract, it’s in their interest to make the new phones look attractive — and timely updates for old phones just cost additional money and make new products less tempting. Carriers have an incentive not to update their phones.

So its more down to dragging their feet.
Topics: 550

To be honest if you feel that way you need to buy sim free and choose an alternative network. 

Topics: 536

Good grief. How wrong can one post be?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)