Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken mast

An5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’ve rang 02 about 4 times over the past month plus regarding a broken mast leaving us with no signal in the house, last week it showed the mast was repaired for 1 day, the next day it showing as broken again. This has been going on for over a month and I would like to know how long it will take to fix this as it’s utterly ridiculous to wait that length of time for a repair 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147299 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

@An5 

O2 will never give any timeframe for repairs as there are too many influencing factors to be accurate.

As it's a known fault they will be fixing it as soon as possible.

Check here for updates O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147299 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

@An5 

O2 will never give any timeframe for repairs as there are too many influencing factors to be accurate.

As it's a known fault they will be fixing it as soon as possible.

Check here for updates O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

An5
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks M15, agree with you re them committing to a timeframe but I think for a mast to be broken for over a month (likely longer than that as we were on holiday when it apparently happened) so it’s likely been broken since Sept or before that. I do believe they have been tinkering about with it as it’s even worse than it was when 1st reported (either that or it has been broken further) - regardless it’s far too long a wait to go without a signal. Worked in telecoms beforehand and never have heard of such a wait time before (only excuse is they’re waiting on parts or a whole new mast) - if so I wish they would say 

Message 3 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10725 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3106 Solutions

@An5 

The problem is getting parts to replace items, due to lack of supply thanks to customs delays, chip shortages, and the war in the Ukraine, which is where some of the raw materials come from... Also lack of shipping.. 

I know it took BT/EE 9 months to replace a mast in a seaside town due to these delays.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 8

An5
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I suspected as much because if it was an easy fix I’m 100% sure it would have been done by now but they should let people know/update their system as to what the delay actually is so that customers can decide to stay or leave. Anyway thanks for confirming what’s causing delays and times circa expected regarding equipment. Thing is we were with EE recently and the service was poor (2 bars on a mobile phone on a good day but mostly 1 but that was enough to get a signal bad as it was) - we’ve now be automatically xfrd to 02 recently and now this has happened - 0 bars (so wish we were still with the EE mast and that’s saying something). Wondering if they will supply or sell a mobile booster to try and connect to the next nearest mast (does anyone know if 02 does supply these) Thanks in advance

Message 5 of 8

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7172 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

Nobody does boosters these days. EE have closed down theirs and Vodafone phased theirs out earlier this year.

Network today rely on customers using WiFi Calling.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 8

An5
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the info

Message 7 of 8

An5
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

By coincidence, the mast has been fixed after all this time but I’m still having to use wi- fi call as the signal is still bad but at least I’ve got one bar on my phone now l Thanks you everyone for you’re responses, so helpful 

Message 8 of 8