cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade cancellation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I got a samsung s5 upgrade on friday and on friday eve realised that I do not get signal where I live on this phone. It isn't a phone fault, as someone else has the same problem. And, if i go outside I get a full signal. My old handset gets 3 bars inside. I cannot use the new phone because of this. I called carphone warehouse and got mixed messages from them and 02. O2 told me 3 times I was able to cancel the upgarde. Carphone warehouse says not.

I was told yesterday by 02 to go into carphone warehouse and demand a cancellation and if there was a problem to refuse to leave the store until they called o2. When I called them back today before going back to the carphone warehouse store where I got the upgrade; to make sure this was infact correct and the notes had been put my account as I had been informed it would be. They say today that I was previously given incorrect info from 3 people!!! Carphone warehouse said no they cannot canel and refused to call o2 as there was no point as the couldnt process a cancellation. They said as it is an upgrade 02 presume their customers are already happy, which I was till I got no signal! Carphone suggested turning off 4g which did nothing. Surely I am enitiled to cancel?! But how can I when nobody will help and keep giving me wrong info. I cannot pay for a phone I cannot use. Surley they are not fufilling their side of the contract.

I cannot use the phone as I get no signal with 02 unless I use my old phone.I want out but how?

Someone please help?!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
In principle there should be limited differences if any so it sounds more like a settings issue to me.

If you go to:
Settings
Connections
Mobile Networks

What is your network mode?
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

02 may not guarantee signal but why should I be getting signal in my house with my old phone and none with the new one?

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have put the phone back in the box as I am determined I will get it cancelled. I have tried all the different settings with the connections which is what carphone warehouse showed me today. Changing the settings make no difference to the connections . I tried LTE/WCDM/GSM, WCDMA/GSM, WCDMA only and GSM only... no signal inside but 3 bars sometimes 4 before out of 5... bit of a massive difference
Message 13 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144149 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
What phone did you have previously?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
blackberry curve two different ones and then a nokia lumie 530.. all got signal
Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
though someone has just suggested an ongoing mast problem in our area.. ee and 3 have been down then vodafone. maybe worth a call to 02 to see if work is being done, but that still doesn't explain the old phone having signal and not the new one
Message 16 of 18

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

MI5
  • 144149 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Maybe they are upgrading your network. The signal may come and go whilst work is ongoing?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 18