cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simswap problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone might have any work around ideas for this... I just received new upgrade phone today (Samsung S3) which needs a microsim (which I also received). My problem is if I do the simswap sim activiation thingy so that I can use my new phone I will no longer be able to use my old phone because the standard sim that it takes will be automatically deactivated. I need the use of both phones (I'm a community nurse & planned to use my old one when I'm out & about in patients houses etc & keep my new one for office & home). But one of the O2 gurus has told me via the on-line chat portal this eve that I can't have both sims active with one number. 

What if there's a problem with my new phone at some point (hopefully not) & I need to quickly revert to using my old phone as a back up... I won't be able to! 😕 

It seems my only option is to buy anothet phone that will take the micro sim, but... I can;t afford to & why should i have to when my old phone is perfectly ok? Grrrrrrrrrrr...

Any ideas / advice gratefully received...

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If using the nano sim in the other phone is an option. You could pick up a adapter for it for pennies or even free from an O2 shop.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to your local O2 store & pick up a normal pay & go sim, they still do the regular size

Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There is no way round using your old phone with the same mobile number. You would have to get a standard P&G sim for the old phone as Stuart advises. Top it up with £10 and make sure you make a chargeable call every 6 months but you would have to give the number to your contacts as an alternative number.

Message 3 of 6

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
If using the nano sim in the other phone is an option. You could pick up a adapter for it for pennies or even free from an O2 shop.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 6

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
What's "sleep"? slight_smile

Message 6 of 6